The show is over folks… the attendees have left and the doors on your event are firmly closed. Now, it’s time to relax with a well-earned cuppa and some tasty biscuits.
Don’t get too comfortable though. Just because your event is over doesn’t mean you can simply walk away! There are still some key post-event activities you can be doing to keep the momentum going and continue to maximise your investment.
Make sure you….
- Follow up with the journalists you and the team met and simply thank them for taking the time to meet with you and the team. If you promised them additional material, then make sure you send it through a few days after the show with suitable high res photography. Read our blog on how to write an impactful press release.
- You should have a clear idea as to what your wish list publications are covering in the next three months. Determine what contribution your company can provide and contact the Editor to discuss further. Offer written contribution or an interview with the subject matter expert. Read our Thought Leadership series on how to become an industry influencer.
- Think about providing your own brief account of the event – what surprised you, what was good, bad or indifferent. Send this to your key media contacts as they are likely to be putting together their own review of the show.
- Ask your subject matter experts to write a short blog about their experiences of the event. Not only will this generate additional content that could attract visitors to the next event you attend, it will also be beneficial for your SEO and social media strategy. Read our blog on our time at Posidonia 2018 coming soon.
- Most importantly, celebrate! Delivering an effective event publicity strategy can be a long and arduous journey so make sure you bring together the whole team to celebrate and appreciate all of the hard work that’s gone into it.
This blog is part of our series Event Publicity: The Gold Standard.
For a FREE COPY OF OUR EVENTS GUIDE: THE GOLD STANDARD, please email [email protected]